Women's Well Exam Overview
A women’s well-check exam is the best way to maintain an overall healthy lifestyle and catch or prevent certain medical conditions and diseases that may arise. These annual check-ups, offered by the family doctors of Plano Village Health Partners, include breast exams, heart and lung screening, a cholesterol screening, skin screenings, pap smears, and bone-mineral density screenings. Additionally, basic lab and urine screenings can also be conducted. Furthermore, patients can choose particular gynecology and wellness services depending on their needs, including STD testing, fertility evaluation and any physician-ordered bloodwork. The Plano, TX family doctors at Village Health Partners will also look at high or low blood pressure and other screenings to monitor whether medication or a diet change is necessary.
What is included?
Annual health check-ups are strongly recommended and can include any or all of the following preventative tests:
- Breast exams should take place annually from age 20, and mammograms should be received annually from age 40.
- Heart health can be monitored during your regular annual check-up. A cholesterol screening should be taken in your early twenties then repeated every 5 years until the age of 45. If you have a cholesterol level over 200, have a family history of heart disease or are 45 and older, annual cholesterol screenings are recommended.
- Annual skin screenings are important for early detection of melanoma, the second most common cancer for women. If you are at high risk based on lifestyle, personal medical history or skin conditions, mole and freckle screenings are recommended twice a year.
- Pap smears are recommended every 1-2 years from age 21 depending on lifestyle and personal health history.
- Bone-mineral density screenings should begin at age 65 and reoccur every 5 years afterward to diagnose and manage the risk of osteoporosis.
"Dr Moon is an excellent physician. He keeps up with the latest medical literature and he educates patients on their conditions. He's also a nice guy and he never rushes through an appointment."- D.D. / Google / Feb 11, 2017
"I have been visiting Dr. Lensing for almost a year now and I am very happy with my decision. He is very caring, attentive, and takes a keen interest in his patients well being."- E.S. / Google / Jul 04, 2020
"I went in for my annual checkup the other day. I felt reasonably safe with the safety protocol being followed at this facility. Well, it felt much safer than going grocery shopping anyway. All the staffs were nice and caring. Both the nurse and the doctor took their time with me and made sure everything is running smooth under the hood. After all clear, I was sent downstairs for blood work. I don't know if they have a new technique or using a thinner needle or something, but I barely felt the needle go in. Progress!"- W.C. / Google / Jun 26, 2020
"Dr Noyse is great with my toddler, he is patient and friendly. I have been pleased with each staff interaction, on the phone and in person, they are polite, friendly, and professional. We will continue seeing Dr Noyse and texas family medical staff for the foreseeable future."- T.B. / Google / Jun 23, 2020
"Dr Garduno is excellent - Very knowledgeable and personable - I've been seeing him for over 20 years!"- D.R. / Google / Jun 23, 2020
Common Health Issues
Healthy Tips for Women
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle with balanced nutrition and regular exercise are important factors for overall wellness. Our Plano doctors also recommend:
- Take a daily women’s multivitamin that includes calcium and iron. Calcium help maintains bone density, and iron can prevent anemia. Recommended daily values vary based on age and pregnancy.
- Protect your skin. Wear sunscreen and preventative clothing outdoors.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can cause health problems like lung cancer and fertility issues.
- Heart disease is the number one cause of death for women. Help your heart by de-stressing, exercising regularly and limiting salt intake.
Make Wellness a Priority
Our medical practice houses some of the top women’s health specialists. We want to prevent any unforeseen medical conditions as well as tackle any diagnosis, which is why we recommend annual women’s wellness check-ups. Our medical team is to guide patients through developing a healthier lifestyle and overall wellness.
Plan Your Visit
- Average Procedure Time
- 1 Hour
A Message From Our President
While your patient experience may look different during this time, please know that we are making all decisions to prioritize your safety and care.Read
Introducing price transparency
Welcome to a better kind of healthcare where you'll never have to wonder what your appointments, procedures and treatments will cost.Read